Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Otto's Birth Story- A beautiful connection

I had just crawled into bed when I received a text from Anna saying she was  at the hospital due to some pain in her belly, possibly a separated muscle, and she would keep me updated on if she was in labor or not. Less than two hours later I got a call that while being monitored she went from 4 cm to 6 cm dilated, they were going to admit her and that I could come whenever I liked. I photographed Anna's first birth and knew she delivered quickly. Luckily I live less than 2 miles from the hospital and I already had everything ready to go, I got dressed, ate an apple and headed to Saint Francis Medical Center in Shakopee (MN) excited and ready! 

Anna's beauty never ceases to amaze me, while photographing her birth I couldn't help but think how beautiful her and her husband Nick's marriage is. The communication and unending support is inspiring and wonderful to be around. I could feel it in the room and I think you can feel it in the photographs as well. In fact, Anna had wonderful support all around! Her mom was their with her too and was an amazing support person, she always seemed to know when to step back and when Anna needed that extra support and she would step in and give that extra loving hand. 
























2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think the state of our relationship is simply exaggerated in times like birth. When our relationships are very loving, love exudes everywhere, and it's such a beautiful thing to witness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! That is awesome that you were there for her again

    ReplyDelete